Substance abuse program
employed Americans are concerned, or are unsure, about their drinking or drug use.
of managers have had employees with substance use issues in the last two years.
of Americans would not know, or are unsure, where to go for support if they had a substance use issue.
This service is required for those who are in violation of the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation due to a positive drug screen for any of the following DOT tests; pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, return to work or a follow-up. Our service is coordinated and case managed by a specialized team to ensure timely communications with DOT SAP providers.
As a result, DOT regulated employees need to be assessed by a Qualified DOT Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) that has received the proper training and is up to date with their SAP credential. This service is also available for customers with non-DOT regulated employees who are in violation of an internal SA policy. These cases are to mirror the US SAP (DOT) process from beginning to end.
For US SAP-DOT services that covers both SAP services and for the EAP to be involved as case manager. It includes:
1. Recruitment of Qualified DOT Substance Abuse Professionals who are registered in FMCSA Clearinghouse.
2. Costs of the Qualified DOT Substance Abuse Professional
3. Partnering with the assigned Qualified DOT Substance Abuse Professional to ensure the following is done accordingly;
- Follow FMCSA guidelines for employees who are drivers so as they are responsible for reporting in the Clearinghouse a driver’s initial assessment completion date and the date the driver is eligible to return to duty testing so the employee maintain their Commercial Driver’s Licenses.
- Initial/Follow-up SAP assessment reports, along with aftercare and follow up testing recommendations meet requirements.
4. Workplace Support Case management which includes compliance updates while in treatment and up to 6 months of case follow-up post treatment, if clinically appropriate.