The Mental Health Index™ report: October 2022
November 30, 2022
The mental health of working Americans declined in October 2022.
- At 69.9, the mental health of Americans declined slightly from the prior month.
- 25% of Americans have a high mental health risk, 40% have a moderate mental health risk, and 35% have a low mental health risk.
- There is no improvement in any of the mental health sub-scores from September to October.
- Anxiety, isolation, and work productivity have been the lowest mental health scores for six consecutive months.
- Full-time post-secondary students have the lowest mental health score for the fifth consecutive month.
- Mental health scores declined in the Northeast and Midwest, while the mental health score improved in the South and remains unchanged in the West.