The Mental Health Index™ report: March 2022
April 19, 2022
Since April 2020, the mental health of Americans has been three points or lower than the pre-2020 benchmark.
- After three months of declines, the mental health score improved modestly to -4.8 in March 2022.
- Depression, anxiety, and work productivity scores declined from February to March 2022.
- With a nearly one-point improvement this month, the strongest sub-score continues to be financial risk, representing an improvement in the level of emergency savings compared to 2019.
- The mental health in the Midwest continues to decline while the South, West and Northeastern United States improved in March.
- After two months of improvement, the mental health score of managers declined nearly two points from February and is lower than the mental health of non-managers and the national average.