The Mental Health Index™ report: July 2023
August 29, 2023
Following four months of stability, the mental health of workers in the United States fell more than one point in July.
- At 69.9, the mental health of workers is at its lowest point in five months
- 24 percent of workers have a high mental health risk, 41 percent have a moderate mental health risk, and 35 percent have a low mental health risk
- All mental health sub-scores, apart from optimism, have declined from June to July
- Mental health scores in all regions of the United States have declined compared to June 2023
- Managers continue to have a higher mental health score than non-managers and the national average