The Mental Health Index™ report: January 2023
February 23, 2023
Despite two consecutive months of improvement, the mental health of working Americans continues to be strained.
- At 72.0, the mental health of Americans improved significantly from the prior month
- 21% of Americans have a high mental health risk, 42% have a moderate mental health risk, and 38% have a low mental health risk
- Anxiety, isolation, and work productivity continue to be the lowest mental health sub-scores
- The mental health score of managers is higher than the score of non-managers and the national average
- The mental health score in all regions improved in January 2023 and are within a half point of one another