The Mental Health Index™ report: February 2023
March 30, 2023
Following two months of improvements, the mental health of workers in the United States declined sharply in February.
- At 69.8, the mental health of workers fell more than two points from January 2023
- 25 percent of workers in the USA have a high mental health risk, 41 percent have a moderate mental health risk, and 35 percent have a low mental health risk
- All mental health sub-scores have declined from January to February 2023; the financial risk sub-score declined nearly four points from January 2023
- Mental health scores declined in all regions; the most significant decline (2.7points) is in the Southern United States
- The mental health score of managers is higher than that of non-managers and the national average