The Mental Health Index™ report: April 2022
May 19, 2022
The mental health of Americans is at the lowest point in six months.
- At -5.5, the current mental health score has declined more than a half-point from the prior month.
- All mental health sub-scores apart from optimism have declined from March to April 2022.
- Despite a significant decline of 1.8 points, and falling to the lowest score in one year, the strongest sub-score continues to be financial risk.
- Mental health scores improved in the West United States while the Northeast, Midwest, and South saw declines in mental health.
- The mental health score of managers is 1.5 points below non-managers and one point below the national average.