The Environmental Policy was adopted by the board of directors of LifeWorks effective March 6, 2019.
As a company with a purpose focused on improving the wellbeing of people, we are mindful of our responsibility to the ecological wellbeing of the planet on which we all live. Through our commitment to environmental stewardship and innovation, our employees work together to manage and creatively reduce our footprint, embrace new opportunities for conservation and embed sustainability practices into our business strategy and everything we do.
Our Environmental Policy involves:
- Understanding the environmental impacts of our activities and operations and taking proactive steps to protect the environment and minimize our impact
- Obeying all applicable environmental regulatory requirements in the jurisdictions where we have a presence
Advancing and promoting the responsible and efficient consumption of energy and water through conservation programs both in and outside of the workplace
- Implementing waste management and minimization strategies and programs to reduce, re-use and recycle the waste we generate
- Increasing employees’ environmental awareness through stewardship and conservation programs
Engaging with our key stakeholders to help ensure that broader perspectives on environmental priorities and shared resources are identified and considered in our business activities
- Promoting the responsible use of business travel to manage and minimize our carbon footprint through the utilization of virtual meeting tools and technologies
- Developing and adopting a sustainable procurement program and supporting standards to apply across our supply chain
- Measuring and reporting our environmental performance through our corporate social responsibility reporting program
- Driving continuous improvement in our environmental performance by identifying key performance indicators and tracking our progress against objectives and targets
Accountability and governance
All LifeWorks employees are expected to support the commitments set forth in this policy. The Chief Corporate Officer and Executive Vice President has ownership of managing our environmental impact in a responsible manner, including responsibility for the implementation of the initiatives outlined in this Policy. This Policy will be reviewed on a regular basis to evaluate continued relevance, monitor compliance and measure progress.
The Environmental Policy was adopted by the board of directors of LifeWorks effective March 6, 2019, and was updated January 2020.